Friday, September 7, 2012

Toddler Tales - Will he ever know?

Me: "Buddy,it is getting to be bed time, wrap it up and get a story"
Thomas: "How about this? You read me the story, but the lights have to be off. That way you can't really read and you stay with me?"

Me: "What makes you think I can't read in the dark?"

Thomas: "Can you? Are you just kidding?"
Me: "So do we have a deal, I read in the dark- you go to bed?"
Thomas "Haha Oh Yeah! This is going to be awesome!"

Get him all tucked in, grab a book, turn off the lights find my way to the edge of his bed and flip it open...


Me: "I sat by the lake, I looked at the sky, and as I looked, a fly went by...yada yada yada" (for about 3 pages)

Thomas: "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!? How are you doing that?"
Me: I eat a lot of carrots, now do you want the light on so you can see the words too?
Thomas: "Ohhhh Yeahhh!"

Now folks...here is the forever mystery...Did I read in the dark? Have it memorized? Or made it up after the beginning because he wouldn't know the difference?